Post your offroad vehicle

Open invite to anyone who wants to get away from the heat and wheel/camp a bit. A few of us are heading to fordyce creek trail July 21st-24th. Will be wheeling and tent camping along the trail. PM me for more details if you're interested in joining

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
A few of us took a run up over Wheeler pass yesterday on a Rzr 4 900. First trip out with the machine and it acquitted itself very nicely. Rus from the Las Vegas side to the top in 2 wheel high. Found a trail on the back side to get into 4 all-wheel low but that was just to be a little cautious on a narrow steep trail through the trees.

I haven't been up there for probably 30 years and the last time it was in a 1984 Toyota 4X4 with a solid front axel that took me everywhere. The RZR was amazing with how well it handled the rough terrain and climbed up and over everything. Many times when about to hit something my mind was set for a big jolt that just never came. Too much fun.

gixxer760

Clown World Champion
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber

got some new rubber on the rig, hoepfully my bonus is half decent on the 1st and i can get full armor and sliders on it.

goodyear wrangler MTR with kevlar - 265/75/16 JUST enough clearnace so no rubbing

gixxer760

Clown World Champion
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Not ready for 33's eh?
These BARELY make it without rubbing. Hopefully when these run out I'll have the parts for a t swap and jump to 33/35

nemotheangler

Active member (5.56mm)
These BARELY make it without rubbing. Hopefully when these run out I'll have the parts for a t swap and jump to 33/35
Those are actually 32" so pretty close. One think I do not skimp on are tires. One of my rigs has hankook Dynapro MT's and the other has Wrangler Duratracs. I think I am going for the Toyo OC R/T's next. Have you guys seen these yet? They are sweet.

mdashoot

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
Those are actually 32" so pretty close. One think I do not skimp on are tires. One of my rigs has hankook Dynapro MT's and the other has Wrangler Duratracs. I think I am going for the Toyo OC R/T's next. Have you guys seen these yet? They are sweet.
I like Seans Pro Comps, I might try those next.

nemotheangler

Active member (5.56mm)
He was referring to a friend we wheel with. If I'm not mistaken these are the tires.

Yeah those look BAD! Even the A/T's look awesome. After running M/T's for 100,00 miles, the hybrids like the toyo R/T or the super aggressive A/T's like those Pro Comps are starting to interest me. My Brother runs the Cooper Discover ST MAXX's and loves them. My main issue is hitting big puddles at high speeds, which I encounter more now that I moved up north from Las Vegas. My Hankooks give me white knuckles in this situation!! :auto:

TAGS

Well-known member (45 ACP)

I've got hankook dynapro mt rt03 on my truck they are pretty awesome.

nemotheangler

Active member (5.56mm)
I've got hankook dynapro mt rt03 on my truck they are pretty awesome.
They are awesome. I ran them in both E and D load ranges. Liked em so much, wore one set out and bought another. Been everywhere in Nevada and some places in Idaho and NEVER an issue off road!!! Of course, mine are on a Toyota, so that could make a difference.:reddevil:

Last edited: