Status
Not open for further replies.
Location (City)
Las Vegas

zinkuno

Member (9mm)
Rating - 97.1%
38   1   0
Looking to buy a nice trigger ...im not to sure as too what in particular..i always purchase complete lowers and of gettin something a little more upgraded for a new build. Thanks

Last edited:

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Zinkuno, you should probably decide if you want a single stage or 2-stage FCG.

If you are only used to a single stage FCG (the standard AR FCG is a single stage), you may or may not like 2-stage FCG. Anecdotally, most of the folks I have introduced to 2-stage FCGs that had never used one had to take some time to get used to them, or just didn't like them as they (their words) could not get used to the take up (1rst stage).

I tend to use 2-stage FCGs in my magnified optics (longer range) builds and single stage FCGs in my irons/RDS/LPVO builds. A few friends use (and enjoy) 2-stage FCGs in all of their builds for consistency. I am sure others here have other experiences they can share.

STV_Keith

Obsessed Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
If you're interested in a single stage trigger, you might consider sending your stock fire control group parts to Bill Springfield at Triggerwork.net. He's in Colorado and will modify your parts to his spec and ship it back for $40. I have his triggers in my AR builds. His 4# trigger measures right around 5# on my Lyman gauge, which I find perfect for all around use. If you want a lighter trigger for for benchrest shooting, he offers a lighter one for $5 more. I've been extremely pleased with his work over the last 8 years. https://triggerwork.net/ar-15ar-10-rifles-trigger-work.html

zinkuno

Member (9mm)
Rating - 97.1%
38   1   0
Thanks for all the usefull information gentleman i will keep that in mind Janizary i defenitley needed more clarification between the two...i will lok into Mr sprngfield aswell....Thanks guys??

jsprads

Active member (5.56mm)
Rating - 100%
22   0   1
For just a good single stage that still meets "duty specs" for touching off hard primers and being drop safe, I use hiperfire edt series triggers. Not too pricey on the cost either, as I've gotten mine for under $100 each time.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
PM Sent (with a trigger and a few links to decent sales that are going on right now)

tdyoung58

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 97.6%
45   1   0
I have BCM and Odin FCG's and am very happy with the fit and feel of them. Never had a problem with either kind.

Yeah, they're not the "high dolla" ones. Definitely better than the cheaper crap

Status
Not open for further replies.