WTB Bought a CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdyoung58

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 97.6%
45   1   0
Bought a 20 guage over under ... CZ Wingshooter Elite

Last edited:

SundevilSG

Minute of Barn
Forum Supporter
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Bump on your search. Consider reloading if you dont already. You can load 12ga with 3/4oz loads that will smoke skeet targets but shoot softer than a 28ga (out of a 12ga frame). You also save money on ammo as shot is the most expensive component by far.

In an o/u you dont have to worry about ejection, so reloading is very forgiving. Also add weight to your gun. Recoil = equal and opposite reaction. My skeet gun was around 8.5 lbs

The only thing that may shoot softer is a semi auto 28ga, but ammo is very expensive unless you reload.

Often times the smaller guns also scale down the frame, so a lightweight 20 is going to shoot just as stout as a heavier 12ga. Just something to consider! Good luck on your search

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 97.6%
45   1   0
Bump on your search. Consider reloading if you dont already. You can load 12ga with 3/4oz loads that will smoke skeet targets but shoot softer than a 28ga (out of a 12ga frame). You also save money on ammo as shot is the most expensive component by far.

In an o/u you dont have to worry about ejection, so reloading is very forgiving. Also add weight to your gun. Recoil = equal and opposite reaction. My skeet gun was around 8.5 lbs

The only thing that may shoot softer is a semi auto 28ga, but ammo is very expensive unless you reload.

Often times the smaller guns also scale down the frame, so a lightweight 20 is going to shoot just as stout as a heavier 12ga. Just something to consider! Good luck on your search
I'm beginning to think my biggest problem even with "light" loads is that the gun is a Beretta 686 Ultralight .... Barely 6 pounds loaded

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Take the recoil pad off, pour lead shot, preferably #9 into the holes in the stock, mine holds 2.5 pounds of 9s, that plus low recoil 3/4 ounce loads will make a huge difference. Can also add self adhesive barrel weights to bottom of the under barrel, can add up to a pound that way also.

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 97.6%
45   1   0
I was thinking of driving down to before the hump in Pharump .... There's this guy from NS that hangs out down there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.