• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Chevy vs Ram

Mopar or No Car.... Oh wait you said new truck...

In that case get a Ram cummins diesel. Thats what I'd get, and will get in a couple years when I buy a truck...right now my jeep renegade does just fine for what I need (cheap suv, 4x4, gets good gas mileage to and from school). Before that I had a 14 Rubicon with 35s and 6in lift and a 15 Rubicon with 37s and a 4in lift. Never had any problems with any of my jeeps besides broken driveshafts from offroading...

Honestly though I think all of the new 1/4 tons are pretty much on par. I always prefer a Dodge/Ram though. Most of my family has Chebbys and they are good for the most part... Fords... Thats a different story. Lol

Enough ranting

Buy a Toyota Tundra if you want a gas powered truck I am telling you as a licensed Nevada Mechanic of 20 years in the business with a Degree in Automotive technology. If you want a newer diesel buy a Nissan Titan with a Cummins. If you want an older diesel with manual trans buy 2003 ford 7.3 with a manual transmission or a 2007 Dodge Ram with a Cummins and manual trans, if you want an automatic transmission buy a 2006 Chevy Duramax with an Allison 6 speed automatic.

leonandlisa

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I drive a 19 ram 1500 with 55k on it, had to replace the seat a/c due to noise and the dash USB ports under warranty. I ripped the active air dam with some tread on freeway, that cost $1200 and threw a code. I have been very happy with it, I have the ram boxes on the side (nice feature), and sport package so it looks like a rebel but has leather seats that are cooled. It was considerably cheaper than Ford equal. The 5.7 is a powerful motor, does great climbing grades and passing on two lane roads.

I have never owned a Chevy, but when looking at them a couple years ago they didn’t have ac vents for back seats, and their back seat area was super tight. No leg room, not sure if that matters.

I wouldn’t buy the e-torque option, just straight Hemi.
From what I heard truck shopping is tough right now, find it on a lot if you can, production is still waiting on parts so some aren’t allowing orders right now. Good luck, hopefully a fun experience as it should be. I remember my first truck.

doz

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I drive a 19 ram 1500 with 55k on it, had to replace the seat a/c due to noise and the dash USB ports under warranty. I ripped the active air dam with some tread on freeway, that cost $1200 and threw a code. I have been very happy with it, I have the ram boxes on the side (nice feature), and sport package so it looks like a rebel but has leather seats that are cooled. It was considerably cheaper than Ford equal. The 5.7 is a powerful motor, does great climbing grades and passing on two lane roads.

I have never owned a Chevy, but when looking at them a couple years ago they didn’t have ac vents for back seats, and their back seat area was super tight. No leg room, not sure if that matters.

I wouldn’t buy the e-torque option, just straight Hemi.
From what I heard truck shopping is tough right now, find it on a lot if you can, production is still waiting on parts so some aren’t allowing orders right now. Good luck, hopefully a fun experience as it should be. I remember my first truck.
Just wait till your exhaust manifold bolts break just out of warranty.

leonandlisa

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Just wait till your exhaust manifold bolts break just out of warranty.
I have not experienced that yet, and this is my first Ram, so thanks for pointing it out to OP. All previous trucks were Ford, so I know the most about them but it wasn’t on OPs question.