2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 99.4%
228   1   0
I remember when you couldn't give away an Enfield stock for free. Now they bring big money on eBay.
Other than finding a spare at a gun show, eBay seems to always have some for auction. I have a link for Enfield parts. Let me find it for you.

Coup

Just an Average Joe

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I remember when you couldn't give away an Enfield stock for free. Now they bring big money on eBay.
Other than finding a spare at a gun show, eBay seems to always have some for auction. I have a link for Enfield parts. Let me find it for you.

Coup
Yep. with the rise in value of milsurps, there are less "bubbas" buying them and putting cheap plastic stocks on them, etc., and more owners and buyers now recognize that original condition is desireable.

Similiarly with another forum member trying to get a chinese wood stock for his MAK90 (he clarified he is not looking for a thumbhole stock like they were imported with), he will find that a chinese chu wood buttstock is not cheap......

Coup d'etat

Retired Veteran & Real Estate Broker
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 99.4%
228   1   0
Yes, Chinese Chu wood is worth gold now. Who would have thought?
A red bakelite Chinese folding stock goes for $400-$500 on eBay. Incredible.....

Coup

Just an Average Joe

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
And I remember walking past rows of "that cheap Chinese chi-com junk" and turning up my nose at it early 90's gun shows.

stupid. stupid. stupid.

o_O

I sold a friend a properly converted MAK90 with proper chu wood stock and pistol grip.

He brought it out when we went shooting a year later, and I was horrified to find out that he had replaced it all with cheap plastic Tapco parts.....

Coup d'etat

Retired Veteran & Real Estate Broker
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 99.4%
228   1   0
Occasionally you will find Chu wood at gun shows cheap. Many sellers just see it as common AK47 accessories.

pandaman

Lurker (.22LR)
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I almost fell for a scam. I got a message that someone in Kansas had one and they gave me an email. I asked and the emailed back with pics. Had they acted faster I was going to be dumb enough to paypal. They didn't respond for a while so when they did I googled the email address and someone on Calguns says they are a scammer. I checked the message just now and Nevada shooters did this below to their name. Geez, can't believe I almost did that. They were saying $105 for the set with shipping. I've never had an issue with anyone on Nevada shooters or Calguns but when I looked at their join date it was today hehe.
franbee1(SCAMMERFROMNIGERIA!)

Status
Not open for further replies.