mondo223

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 92.3%
39   3   0
Maybe someone can help me out? I know there is a way to do the private sale with the ATF forms, where I have to hold on to the item until the paperwork comes back and you then take possession of the suppressor.

I have never done that process....but if its workable, I would like to sell my Saker 556 ASR for $400 OBO. New they are around $650. I have the orignal box and parts, and ASR flash hider.

Please message me if you are interested

20190723_130507.jpg

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Good deal. Never done a person to person before so not sure how that works.

Kinoons

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Its fairly easy from what I understand....would you want to do it?
I’ve done it as the buyer. The issue becomes that the buyer and seller really have to trust one another. The seller may want some or all of the cash up front but then the buyer has to worry about the seller disappearing. If the seller doesn’t get the $$ up front once the stamp is issued it becomes illegal for the buyer to have the suppressor. Makes it hard to keep it to get paid.

In my instance I paid half up front and half once the stamp was issued about 10 months later.

Dragon40

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It's actually pretty easy. I've done a couple,if you need any help or have any questions let me know. Just out of curiosity, how many rounds have you put through it and is it a Saker 556 or the Saker 556k?

Last edited:

mondo223

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 92.3%
39   3   0
I’ve done it as the buyer. The issue becomes that the buyer and seller really have to trust one another. The seller may want some or all of the cash up front but then the buyer has to worry about the seller disappearing. If the seller doesn’t get the $$ up front once the stamp is issued it becomes illegal for the buyer to have the suppressor. Makes it hard to keep it to get paid.

In my instance I paid half up front and half once the stamp was issued about 10 months later.
I mean if the seller doesn't release the item once it's approved and disappears they would be in possession of an item and be committing I guess a felony right so that seems very unlikely that's somebody's going to potentially ruin their life over a few hundred dollars

mondo223

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 92.3%
39   3   0
It's actually pretty easy. I've done a couple,if you need any help or have any questions let me know. Just out of curiosity, how many rounds have you put through it and is it a Saker 556 or the Saker 556k?
It's the regular full size Saker and I probably have 500 rounds through it

Status
Not open for further replies.