WTS Model 1863 Remington Zouve Rifle- Clark County, Summerlin Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvshooter85

Member (9mm)
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
#2 in a large collection i'm helping a friend dispose of. This is an original Model 1863 “Zouave” rifle by Remington, made in Ilion NY, .58 caliber, single shot percussion rifle with plenty of cleanable storage dust in the barrel.

This one was rescued by my friend and his father after spotting it being displayed on the wall of a well-known restaurant in northern New Jersey sometime in the 1970’s. They purchased it from the manager and spent the next few summers cleaning it, and my friend remembers shooting it several times in black powder target matches at that time. Has spent the last several decades on a wall at his home or case in a vault.

Stock is in good condition with minor storage wear, some very limited white paint specks from being displayed on a wall. Two government cartouches on the flat opposite the hammer. Ramrod with the tulip head and threaded tip. Two steel swivels at the trigger guard and upper band. Mechanics are pretty strong and it’s in overall great shape for the collector or reenactor.

Neither of us are experts, but have taken plenty of photos and happy to answer any questions. Looking for $2500 but open to polite offers.

M1863.jpg

M1863-1.jpg

M1863-3.jpg

M1863-4.jpg

M-1863-5.jpg

M-1863-6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.