• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Off-Road and Random Open Hole in Engine

garand_guy

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Wow, this Jeep stuff is really eye-opening. Guess I'll get a Tacoma when the time comes.

MP15Reloader

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
Guessing it wasn't tightened all the way. But not sure why jiffy screw would even bother to touch it.
If it was tight and loosened up on the dirt road then other caps should be loose too.
Jiffy lube once didnt tighten my oil filter adequately. Nothing like parking and an hour later getting ready to go shooting and seeing an oil puddle in the driveway. Surprised the damn thing made it home, not to mention the cleanup and acid wash i had to do to appease my HOA

Figures too.. I always change my oil but i felt lazy on my birthday weekend and this was me "spoiling myself". Never again.

Gullwing

Former Padawan Apprentice Now Master
Staff member
Jiffy lube once didnt tighten my oil filter adequately. Nothing like parking and an hour later getting ready to go shooting and seeing an oil puddle in the driveway. Surprised the damn thing made it home, not to mention the cleanup and acid wash i had to do to appease my HOA

Figures too.. I always change my oil but i felt lazy on my birthday weekend and this was me "spoiling myself". Never again.
Yes years and years ago Mom took my car to Jiffy screw for an oil change. ~3k later took it back and "oh look who ever did the last change effed up the drain plug, it will need to be replaced, it is very bad..."
Oh really, it was last changed here!
"Ummmm.........."
Never been back and never will. I do my own work.