Location (City)
North las vegas

Bumper

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Word of advise. Look for a serial number that indicates made in '07 or before - or "JM" stamped guns*. Marlin uses the first two digits subtract from 100. My guide gun was one of the last Marlins (serial 93XXXX" or made 2007) before Freedom Arms/Remington purchases Marlin (guns made in '08 and before Ruger bought them, are known as Remlin's - generally to be avoided, though a few have had good luck. Things to look for, front sights not clocked at 12 o'clock, poor fitting wood, and less than stellar fit elsewhere etc.

*After the buy out, I heard there were some JM stamped barrels that got used on Remlin guns, so a few JM's with a 92' barrel might be out there. Knowing Ruger, their new guide guns are probably solid.

Simiansam

Lurker (.22LR)
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have no firsthand experience with the Ruger Marlins but everything I’ve read has been absolutely solid. The Remington Marlin rifles I know first hand are not the best, my old 336 shot well but the wood fitment was just not good.
If you’re not dead set on a Marlin, the Henry 45-70s are also really nice and come with a side gate now!

AMMOMAN702

Member (9mm)
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Word of advise. Look for a serial number that indicates made in '07 or before - or "JM" stamped guns*. Marlin uses the first two digits subtract from 100. My guide gun was one of the last Marlins (serial 93XXXX" or made 2007) before Freedom Arms/Remington purchases Marlin (guns made in '08 and before Ruger bought them, are known as Remlin's - generally to be avoided, though a few have had good luck. Things to look for, front sights not clocked at 12 o'clock, poor fitting wood, and less than stellar fit elsewhere etc.

*After the buy out, I heard there were some JM stamped barrels that got used on Remlin guns, so a few JM's with a 92' barrel might be out there. Knowing Ruger, their new guide guns are probably solid.

Going to message you

Status
Not open for further replies.