Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hope you find it?,thinking about getting the raging hunter.

GlenBaker

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not quite sure what to make of this.
I was contacted by a member who shows Virginia in his profile, offering to sell me his Taurus tracker 627 and he posted 4 pictures.
The price was right in the ballpark of what I wanted to pay for used gun. Just seemed to take a long time in between replies.
I told him the price was good that I was definitely interested.
He asked me where I lived so I told him that I was in SW Las Vegas and that Venture munitions is about 5 minutes away from work. He then said he was in Dayton didn't say Nevada or Ohio. Hmmmm
He offered to send the firearm to a gun store here in Vegas. Hmmmm
I'm really only interested in a local transaction, so I told him I'll pass thank you.
Then I started thinking about those pictures and I looked up some auction sites and found the same pictures that he had posted representing his gun on the auction site. Hmmmmmm.
Best is, the gun had been sold a while back of course his pictures were cropped somewhat. In order to look somewhat different.
Yesterday I sent him a message asking him if the gun in the pictures was actually his gun. I still haven't received a reply.
When I checked his postings I noticed they are all of general nature.
Hmmmmmmm
Way too many Hmmmmmm's for me to deal with this member.

I'm Still looking for a Taurus Tracker 627 6.5

Last edited:

lvtwentytwo

Holey Moley
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Whenever you post a "WTB" ad, you have more than a 50-50 chance of an out-of-state scammer replying, especially when your WTB is on a "local" forum like nvshooters and the so-called seller is out-of-state. Typically, on an out-of-state buy/sell the buyer sends the money to the seller first, and the seller waits for the check to clear. Then and only then do they send the gun. That gives them all the cards to take your money and disappear. I've bought and sold a few firearms on some of the national forums like the Smith and Wesson or Ruger forum. I always make sure the seller has a "track record" with other forum members and he can send me a picture of the actual gun with my first name written on a piece of paper next to the gun. That way I know he actually has the gun in hand. I also ask them for their telephone number AND talk to them a couple times to make sure they're legit. It's amazing the vibes you can pickup from an individual when you talk to them in person. Otherwise, I stay far away from them. Best you stick with local face-to-face transactions if you have any suspicions. Even if it costs a little more. Just saying.

GlenBaker

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Whenever you post a "WTB" ad, you have more than a 50-50 chance of an out-of-state scammer replying, especially when your WTB is on a "local" forum like nvshooters and the so-called seller is out-of-state. Typically, on an out-of-state buy/sell the buyer sends the money to the seller first, and the seller waits for the check to clear. Then and only then do they send the gun. That gives them all the cards to take your money and disappear. I've bought and sold a few firearms on some of the national forums like the Smith and Wesson or Ruger forum. I always make sure the seller has a "track record" with other forum members and he can send me a picture of the actual gun with my first name written on a piece of paper next to the gun. That way I know he actually has the gun in hand. I also ask them for their telephone number AND talk to them a couple times to make sure they're legit. It's amazing the vibes you can pickup from an individual when you talk to them in person. Otherwise, I stay far away from them. Best you stick with local face-to-face transactions if you have any suspicions. Even if it costs a little more. Just saying.
Yea I know all that stuff. I've been around that block a few times.
And that's why I passed on the deal.
Far too many Hmm's :unsure:

That means
I'm Still looking for a Taurus Tracker 627 6.5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.