Not open for further replies.

Steveyb

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 88%
24   3   1
To be honest dont know much about scopes but looking to see if anyone has one for sale for a sig 556r 7.62x39. Any recommendations for a good scope. Sry about the vague post . I reside in Las Vegas nv. This is a picture of mine. Bought in brand new from a gentleman that had the scope on for effects. At the time I didnt think to ask him what scope
Resized_20190117_102321.jpeg

Just an Average Joe

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Hey Stevey -

I've got a Sig 556R also, LOVE the rifle.

Mine has the Sig 3x scope on it - nothing special.

You can pretty much put anything on there that you would put on an AR. The pic above is an EOTech and 3x flip to side magnifier. I have that setup on another rifle. Quality optics.

You can also go with just about any other type of red dot, with or without a magnifier.

Primary Arms website is a good place to shop.

And they even make a 1-6x scope with an ACSS reticle calibrated for 762x39/300 BO (similar ballistics).

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-1-6x24mm-sfp-scope-w-acss-300blk-7-62x39-reticle

Just an Average Joe

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
You bet. Since the top of your rifle has the built in rail, just look for anything with a built in mount to a picatinny rail, or if getting a scope, that you purchase rings made for mounting directly on a rail. Pay attention to the height of the rings. The folks at PrimaryArms can help you select the correct ones for whatever scope you decide on. I would stick with a lower magnification, either red dot with 3x flip to side (the Primary arms branded ones are quite decent for the money), or a lower power variable scope like the 1-6x that I referenced earlier.

With the 762x39 round being most effective inside 400 yards, and dropping sharply after that, it doesn't make much sense to put a more powerful optic on, IMO.

Steveyb

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 88%
24   3   1
You bet. Since the top of your rifle has the built in rail, just look for anything with a built in mount to a picatinny rail, or if getting a scope, that you purchase rings made for mounting directly on a rail. Pay attention to the height of the rings. The folks at PrimaryArms can help you select the correct ones for whatever scope you decide on. I would stick with a lower magnification, either red dot with 3x flip to side (the Primary arms branded ones are quite decent for the money), or a lower power variable scope like the 1-6x that I referenced earlier.

With the 762x39 round being most effective inside 400 yards, and dropping sharply after that, it doesn't make much sense to put a more powerful optic on, IMO.
Found one on Amazon . It got great reviews and getting a Primary Arms Deluxe 30mm Scope Mount - 1.5" Center Height PADLXS... have them both in the basket. Haven't purchased them yet. $289 FOR SCOPE AND $59 FOR MOUNT. Thanks for the great advice. Both have excellent reviews. I'll post pictures once I get them on
Steven

BadDogPSD

Got Ammo?
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Found one on Amazon . It got great reviews and getting a Primary Arms Deluxe 30mm Scope Mount - 1.5" Center Height PADLXS... have them both in the basket. Haven't purchased them yet. $289 FOR SCOPE AND $59 FOR MOUNT. Thanks for the great advice. Both have excellent reviews. I'll post pictures once I get them on
Steven
Good choice. I have an SWFA 1x6 on one of my AR's and really like it. At 1x, its like a red dot, at 6x I'm good out to 400 yards.

Just an Average Joe

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Have you shot this yet? Does the 556r eat tulammo with no issues? Asking for a friend. ;)
I have one also. 2nd Gen 556R (1st Gen had problems)

Has easily digested several types of cheap steel cased ammo, different brands (tulammo, Wolf, Silver Bear), and no problems with either FMJ, HP, and SP ammo.

It is slightly picky with mags, and won't take Circle10 mags, or Tapco. They are slightly too big and don't fit.

No problems with Chinese flatback steel, Russian bakelite, Magpul, and 20-round Tanker mags.

Status
Not open for further replies.