WTS SOLD: JP Enterprises silent captured buffers for AR-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

STV_Keith

Obsessed Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
SOLD.

Take out JP Enterprises silent / captured buffers for .223. Have no evidence of being fired/used, but do not come with the packaging or rifle length spacer. Gen 1. Will fit in carbine stocks and pistols. Have 2 currently. Meet in Vegas, near Craig & Losee.

$115 for 1.
$110 each for 2.

Cross posted.

JPbuffers1.jpg

Last edited:

bugeyedwagon86

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Do you have any personal experience with these that you could impart? Feel free to PM, as I am interested.

STV_Keith

Obsessed Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
They reduce noise and smooth the cycling of the bolt. You will no longer hear the sproooiiinnnngggg sound when shooting. When manually running the action, it's much smoother and quieter as you are not dragging the spring on the inside of the buffer tune anymore. Personally, I thought the felt recoil was slightly diminished. Definitely noticeable.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Do you have any personal experience with these that you could impart? Feel free to PM, as I am interested.
If you are already running canned 300BLK subs, this is the next thing that will make the most perceptible difference at your ear. No way around the rest of the action cycling (barring turning off the gas w/ an adjustable block and making it a bolt action), which is much louder than you'd think...until you've cut out everything else :)

bugeyedwagon86

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Thanks for your responses, this is exactly what I was wondering. When I run my 9mm or 300BLK suppressed the loudest thing is the stupid ‘twang’ of the spring, and I have wanted to eliminate that. I am just concerned about reliability and weight.

STV_Keith

Obsessed Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I've put probably 2k rounds through one rifle with this installed so far with no issues. 2 classes at FS + misc. shooting. There are plenty of reviews online and lots of competition shooters that run them.

The standard carbine buffer and spring weighs in at 4.8oz. These weigh 7.3oz. Also remember that since they are very close to your shoulder, this weight different is not noticeable as it would be if it were out at the far end of the rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.