Not open for further replies.

Just an Average Joe

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Bump with a price drop - you won't find a nicer milled AK than this anywhere - and definitely nowhere near this price!

DeanD

Summerlin
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Debanned? During the so called "assault weapons" ban rifles like the SA-93 were imported with the bayonet lug ground off the front sight base, no cleaning rod, no threads on the barrel, and a thumbhole stock. To "deban" the rifle is to return it to it's original and correct configuration. Requires replacing the gas block, the front sight base, threading the barrel, drilling the lower handguard retainer for the cleaning rod, installing the lower stock tang, installing the sling loop on the side of the receiver, installing the original furniture. The Feds can basically do as they please with approving or rejecting import permits of firearms but once it is inside the US there isn't really anything they can do to restrict changing the configuration or appearance of a rifle since the sunset of the federal AW ban in 2004. Due to the scarity of both "ban" type AK's to build on and scarce parts availability it is getting very difficult and expensive to return a rifle like the SA93 to it's proper configuration. I can't believe this hasn't sold.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I can't believe this hasn't sold
I too am a little surprised but in a world today flooded with $500 WSARs maybe not too surprised. This is on the high end for the average buyer wanting a ”TAPCOcool” AK47 with AR stocks and railed foregrips (BARF!). As the original owner of the ‘93s cousin the SLR-95 that went through the same “debanning” process, this is NOT cheap to do right and this gun is definitely done right! The parts alone cost $100s before the labor starts not to mention the tooling and expertise needed. As a collector, if I didn’t already have one, I would have snapped this up!
Guys, the Bulgarian built AKs are absolutely the finest ever imported bar none. And I own 2 Chinese 56s and an 80s import Hungarian among others. Somebody buy this before he puts it on GunBroker and sells it for more

Last edited:

Just an Average Joe

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
^^

Thanks for the input, guys.

Seems a lot of people not familiar with AK's are falling for the "newer is better" and buying the junk that is commonly available at shows and shops - I.O., RAS47, Desert Tactical, etc., not knowing that the BEST AK's imported are the older Russian and Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.