WTB Springfield 1903's and M1 Garand's (looking to see whats out there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Location (City)
Las Vegas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello everyone!

As the title states I am looking to see whats out there in terms of people who are possibly interested in parting either with a Springfield 1903 rifle, (either the original WWI types or the A3 variants ) as well as M1 Garand rifles in various states or configurations.

If anyone owns these and is interested in selling theirs feel free to reach out here in this thread first and at the very least I'd love to chat about specific rifles and what they might be on offer for.

Conversely if anyone here in the forum knows where either of these rifles might be found locally I'd greatly appreciate the chance to see one for myself while I continue to do the homework on them. I am located in the Las Vegas Valley for reference on what constitutes a local shop.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your replies!

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
If you are active at the vintage military rifle matches, guys are constantly bringing out spare rifles they want to sell. Plus, they are the guys to just know and pal with for this kind of stuff. Oh yeah, and we shoot them regularly, too!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Vintage rifle matches sound like something that's right up my alley yes!

Are there any events / clubs in particular you could recommend that you are part of here in the valley? And are events currently being held again what with restrictions loosening up a bit?

A cursory google search on my part brings up stuff like the CMP but nothing Vegas specific.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I was updating a few threads about them, but I was mostly talking to myself and got complacent. They are the most fun of all the matches I do every week.

1st Sunday is WW2 and older, 200-900 (sometimes 1100) meters at Boulder Rifle Club.

2nd Saturday (bolt-action) and 3rd Saturday (semi-auto) is 1965 or older, 150-400 yards at Desert Sportsmans Rifle Club.

https://brpclub.org/services/vintage-military-rifle-silhouette/

http://www.nevadashooters.com/threads/vimbar-vintage-military-bolt-action-rifle-match-dsrpc.155875/

http://www.nevadashooters.com/threads/vimsar-vintage-military-semi-auto-rifle-dsrpc.155986/

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was updating a few threads about them, but I was mostly talking to myself and got complacent. They are the most fun of all the matches I do every week.

1st Sunday is WW2 and older, 200-900 (sometimes 1100) meters at Boulder Rifle Club.

2nd Saturday (bolt-action) and 3rd Saturday (semi-auto) is 1965 or older, 150-400 yards at Desert Sportsmans Rifle Club.

https://brpclub.org/services/vintage-military-rifle-silhouette/

http://www.nevadashooters.com/threads/vimbar-vintage-military-bolt-action-rifle-match-dsrpc.155875/

http://www.nevadashooters.com/threads/vimsar-vintage-military-semi-auto-rifle-dsrpc.155986/

Thanks very much for these links! I'll be checking them out when I can over the weekend. Again much appreciated and perhaps I'll see you out there on the range.

Just an Average Joe

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
There is a listing for a CMP Special .308 Garand here on the forum and it was updated within the last few days but he wants outrageous money for it. You can still get Garand's from the CMP
Actually these Special Grade .308’s have been sold out for 2.5 years, and those are the ones with “will have considerable pitting above the wood line” - mine is perfect metal with no pitting, and of a type and quality that sold out many years ago.
The few that may come up on gunbroker sell for considerably more that my asking price - see the link I posted to one that sold for over $3,000.00. (keeping in mind these may be the more common pitted receivers even if a new/Special Grade).

Last edited:

MDphotographer

Member (9mm)
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Actually these Special Grade .308’s have been sold out for 2.5 years, and those are the ones with “will have considerable pitting above the wood line” - mine is perfect metal with no pitting, and of a type and quality that sold out many years ago.
The few that may come up on gunbroker sell for considerably more that my asking price - see the link I posted to one that sold for over $3,000.00. (keeping in mind these may be the more common pitted receivers even if a new/Special Grade).
Well when you can get a Service Grade Garand from the CMP for $750 and then ship that rifle to Shuff in MN get it re-barreled to .308 re-reparked a trigger job for another $600 or so then throw in a new stock set from Dupage you now have a basically new Garand in the $1500 neighborhood. Gunbroker is not the be all and end all for prices especially when items are still available from other sources.

Just an Average Joe

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Well when you can get a Service Grade Garand from the CMP for $750 and then ship that rifle to Shuff in MN get it re-barreled to .308 re-reparked a trigger job for another $600 or so then throw in a new stock set from Dupage you now have a basically new Garand in the $1500 neighborhood. Gunbroker is not the be all and end all for prices especially when items are still available from other sources.

Good to know.

Perhaps you could start a thread and share this information, instead of being an unhelpful troll - which is what referring to my legitimate for sale thread in a demeaning manner is.

That being said, your estimate of "in the $1500 neighborhood" is just that, an estimate, and were one to do the research I wouldn't be surprised if the finished OTD price were much closer to my asking price of $1900, which also includes 14 clips and 112 rounds of .308 ammo, and a CMP padded hard case and sling - easily $200 in extra value. You are actually justifying my asking price with your post. Your "solution" involves going through the CMP paperwork and jumping through their hoops (IIRC required quite a bit of paperwork and having some of it notarized), waiting for your order to be filled and shipped from the CMP, then shipping the rifle to/from TWO different places, with the attendant wait times for work to be done, and paying for shipping and tax for a new stock set - all of this adds additional cost, time, and HASSLE. What could possibly go wrong? :LOL:

Firearms and vehicles are the categories that seem to make grown men carp like toddlers when something is beyond their financial ability. Have seen this same phenomenon every time I have sold either an expensive firearm, or expensive automobile (most recently my 2017 Shelby GT350 and my 2018 4Runner TRD Pro - which elicited several emails and contacts similar to yours saying the price was "outrageous" - and they ended up selling for full asking price.)

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Good to know.

Perhaps you could start a thread and share this information, instead of being an unhelpful troll - which is what referring to my legitimate for sale thread in a demeaning manner is.

That being said, your estimate of "in the $1500 neighborhood" is just that, an estimate, and were one to do the research I wouldn't be surprised if the finished OTD price were much closer to my asking price of $1900, which also includes 14 clips and 112 rounds of .308 ammo, and a CMP padded hard case and sling - easily $200 in extra value. You are actually justifying my asking price with your post.

:ROFLMAO:

Firearms and vehicles are the categories that seem to make grown men carp like toddlers when something is beyond their financial ability. Have seen this same phenomenon every time I have sold either an expensive firearm, or expensive automobile (most recently met 2017 Shelby GT350 and my 2018 4Runner TRD Pro - which elicited several emails and contacts similar to yours saying the price was "outrageous" - and they ended up selling for full asking price.)

Have a nice weekend.
man...I looked at that Mustang a bunch, and I'm not a car guy (trucks). Was bad-ass. If I had another garage space?...
The convenience of your gun being in town and the extras make it sound a lot better than shipping blah blah blah, to me.
meh and pfffft

Just an Average Joe

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
man...I looked at that Mustang a bunch, and I'm not a car guy (trucks). Was bad-ass. If I had another garage space?...
The convenience of your gun being in town and the extras make it sound a lot better than shipping blah blah blah, to me.
meh and pfffft

It was the closest thing I've ever driven to a real race car - but along with that came stratospheric insurance rates, cops eyeballing me whenever I drove by, and a feeling that I might be driving more car than I could handle once or twice when I pushed it beyond my skill set, lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.