WTS: Early unfired Colt Sporter Target Made 1987-90 w/ original bundled Tasco 3x9 Scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coup d'etat

Retired Veteran & Real Estate Broker
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Unfired by original owner. This as-new pre-ban civilian Colt Sporter Target with heavy 1-7 barrel is beautiful. I tried to research the production date but right now it's inconclusive. I do know this pre-dates the HBAR. Another neat feature is the military spec lower receiver that has the "sear" hole pinned at the factory with a block. It is however a military "large pin" lower receiver, which is pretty damned desirable. To Veterans of the military, this "old-school" AR15 is going to look real familiar, and should bring back some memories. M16A2 comes to mind. Carry handle, A2 rear sight, round hand guard verses triangular. This has the forward-assist, but early flat-style magazine well, next to the mag release.
This rifle came from Colt, bundled with a Tasco "rubber-armored" 3x9 scope. They were sold this way as a package. Scope never mounted (the white powder on the scope is a result of age. Rubber Pachmyers turn white with age as well. Just a little "Armor-All" with a que-tip will fix that).
Also included is the original owners manual, an old-school plastic bi-pod, two Colt 15-round magazines, original sling, and a new 22 Cal Hoppes cleaning kit. Unfortunately, the original box is gone.
You don't see these too often with the original bundled scope. Please see pics. I will try to answer all questions. Located in Vegas.
$1,400.00 no trades. Buyer to sign a bill of sale.

Thanks, Coup

Attachments

Last edited:

Coup d'etat

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
No, the hinge pin that secures the lower to the upper is considered "large" compared to the later design that had a small diameter pin.

Coup d'etat

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Bump....and a price decrease.