• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Chat feature - beta testing is now active for Forum Supporters and Commercial Sponsors!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
We are testing the new Chat feature.
You should notice it on the bottom of your screen, as well as in the tabs below the header (Nevada Shooters logo):
1534950285641.png

Once you click on Chat, you may have to click on "Join Room". There should be only one "room" to join, and you must join it to use see and use the chat.

As for now, staff, Commercial Sponsors, and Forum Supporters should have access. Test it. Use it. Let's work out the bugs!

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Is there a way to remove the banner at the bottom of the screen? It's not a big deal on the computer but pretty distracting on the mobile, not to mention taking up a portion of the screen.

Haven't been able to find a setting to remove it yet...

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+10 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Disclaimer: Last time somebody complained about it they got fired. Use at your own risk!

SL Dangerous

Zombies aren't real
Forum Supporter
Using the chat feature from my phone was bug-free yesterday however I'm not able to join from my laptop. I've clicked on the chat banner as well as the drop down option on the homepage and menus within the chat banner. The only thing appearing is "Top chatters".

Thanks gents - most of us do appreciate the time all you admin and mods put in!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
If you click where it says CHAT (not the down arrow triangle next to chat) it should bring you right in.

1535076960438.png

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Even clicking that it takes me to a screen that says I have not joined any rooms and I'm unable to type text. I thought maybe it meant that no one was in the chat but then realized that wasn't the case.
Try it now. Made a change.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Is there a way to remove the banner at the bottom of the screen? ...
Any update on this? I'm not going to use the chat room. I don't need the banner at the bottom of the screen telling me that I haven't joined any rooms.