• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unable to Delete Own Comments?

PM720

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Did something change in the past couple days? I seem to be unable to delete my own comments in my posts. Most notably the "bumps" in classifieds. I really hate scrolling through endless BUMP posts to see if there is any new information. Being able to delete these keeps posts much cleaner. TIA.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
This was a site wide change. Historically, before the upgrade, one could edit posts, but not delete them. During the upgrade process, this was missed and users were allowed to delete posts. For continuity in threads, people replying to posts that are then deleted for example, the ability to delete posts has been disabled. Sorry that it took 6 months for it to be noticed!
Thanks!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Not likely. It also helps when someone posts and "I'll take it" then flakes and deletes the comment.
Scrolling through "Bump" posts is a hassle but it is what it is.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
.... I really hate scrolling through endless BUMP posts to see if there is any new information...
I recommend the new post to just say that the OP has been edited to reflect the changes. It is also best if the OP shows what changed. Meaning, keep the old price there along with the new price to show the change. Things like that.

Gullwing

Former Padawan Apprentice Now Master
Staff member
Mods can see the deleted posts, PM720 your FS threads are annoying, mile and a half long of just
"deleted"
"deleted"
"deleted"
"deleted"
"deleted"

PM720

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
OK, my apologies. I guess it will be a mile and half long of BUMP now! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just an Average Joe

Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Bummer, I liked being able to delete the bumps in my FOR SALE threads for the same reason.

I had noticed a moderator doing it before, and thought, "that's nice, we should all be able to do that", and for a while, we WERE...….

Gullwing

Former Padawan Apprentice Now Master
Staff member
I have no problem deleting your posts... Send a PM or note in a post telling a mod what to delete. But don't do it every post.
And we reserve the right to change our minds about this! Especially if I get yelled at for it.

Koyote

Active member (5.56mm)
Makes me think of someone who hoards each and every single scrap of paper. I am sure some bright mod can think of a way to delete/edit a post so it reflects what they want them to still say.

PM720

Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
In the classifieds it would be to move your post to the top so they don't get buried on page 234 after a week.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Never understood the reasoning of "Bump" posts... Just to say, I was here, looked at it, not interested?
“Bumping” is usually reserved for the OP. It serves to make the thread pop up to the top of the sub-forum or appear under “new posts” that most of us check daily. Helps get attention for those who might not have seen it a few days prior.

WantaG18

a noid
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
This was a site wide change. Historically, before the upgrade, one could edit posts, but not delete them. During the upgrade process, this was missed and users were allowed to delete posts. For continuity in threads, people replying to posts that are then deleted for example, the ability to delete posts has been disabled. Sorry that it took 6 months for it to be noticed!
Thanks!

I just deleted a post I made on October 1 of this year.