• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Welcome new Moderator NYECOGunsmith!

Bart Carter

Negotiator
Forum Supporter
If you ever ask me who the most valuable, the most entertaining and the most respected member of NevadaShooters is, I'd name Steve without any hesitation. Honestly, over the years I've told so many people to join NevadaShooters, telling them there's one member that makes the site worth joining if nothing else. ... But I can't say enough about the amount of respect I have for Steve. His unwavering willingness to help everyone, his encyclopedic knowledge of damn near every subject, his sense of humor should inspire us all.

Thanks again, Steve, for your invaluable contributions.
OK, had to quote as this post says it all.

So, are we going to get more daily jokes? :smile5:

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Now, if you can just help us fix our guns......
That's easy. Buy them, oil them, stick them in the safe and leave them there, and they will never break.

You guys and gals haven't been breaking much lately, the gunsmithing section has become stagnant!

So what's broken today that I can help someone with?

Nevada Hudson

Well-known member (45 ACP)
That's easy. Buy them, oil them, stick them in the safe and leave them there, and they will never break.

You guys and gals haven't been breaking much lately, the gunsmithing section has become stagnant!

How do you install a swivel link on a Tokarev barrel?

Mr. B

Curmudgeon In Training
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I would make a list of things that are broken today, but we are supposed to stay away from political discussions. Plus, I'm not sure if you could fix them without the help of a whole lot of other voters. ;)

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I would make a list of things that are broken today, but we are supposed to stay away from political discussions. Plus, I'm not sure if you could fix them without the help of a whole lot of other voters. ;)
Or by going back to my former occupation..........but that would be turning on my masters.............I can do that!

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I got a 20ft fishing boat that needs some work. I’ll drop it off for ya on friday!
Not a problem, it will be done no later than February 30th, 2176, bit of a backlog on boat repairs right now due to new laws regarding money holes in large bodies of water.......aka boats.......and a shortage of duct tape which is my standard tool for any and all boat repairs, be they engine, transmission,steering or hull related.

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Support the right side of the link lug on a block with a small hole drilled in it, the hole should be just slightly larger than the pin that holds the link to the lug. The block should be hardened and polished steel,BUT, one of hard wood or aluminum will work for one or two uses.

Support it, use a tapered starter punch to start the pin moving from left to right, once it starts moving, switch to a straight pin punch of the proper size, and drive the pin out.

Reverse the above to install the link on the new barrel, using the tapered starter punch to start the pin from the right side, driving it towards the left until it is flush with the right side of the lug.

This assumes the pin is a nice tight fit in the holes on the new lug, otherwise you will need a new oversized pin and will have to fit it both the holes in the lug and the link.