Post your offroad vehicle

mdashoot

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
Yeah. What would you say is necessary to have when you go out on trails? I'm a bit new to this sorry.
If your with a group, not much. A good compressor like a Viair makes life easier but since you are on smaller tires a cheaper one would probably do. We air down our tires and when done air back up. Some basic tools, tire repair kit, I have a high lift with an adapter so you can lift from sliders or tube bumpers. It all depends on the trail. A portable compressor is a must, tow straps are good but do you no good if alone, a shovel might be good. Water and spare oil are good to have also.

TAGS

If your with a group, not much. A good compressor like a Viair makes life easier but since you are on smaller tires a cheaper one would probably do. We air down our tires and when done air back up. Some basic tools, tire repair kit, I have a high lift with an adapter so you can lift from sliders or tube bumpers. It all depends on the trail. A portable compressor is a must, tow straps are good but do you no good if alone, a shovel might be good. Water and spare oil are good to have also.

Thanks! Need to buy some stuff, I'm not really ready.

mdashoot

Forum Supporter
Thanks! Need to buy some stuff, I'm not really ready.
You would be fine with us, we have everything you would need and we do not mind sharing. Most important is protecting vital areas on your truck with skid plates and sliders. It looks like you would be fine for most of the stuff we do.

TAGS

It has stock skid plates. I don't know if that's good enough. I need a jack for sure, and a compressor. I have one that I've been thinking of getting. It's gotten good reviews.

doz

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
All my pictures from off-roading in the mountains were on my other phone which cannot be accessed due to a broken digitizer :/

Rancho QLL 2.25" level up front w/ Nitto Trail Grapplers 35"x12.5"x18".

TAGS

Better then nothing. A couple of us have stock skids and are ok.

What kind of tires do you guys run? Or are good out in the desert? I've recently purchased some hankook dynapro mt, that's what I'm running now. Had some regular street tires that didn't work to well in mud or dirt.

mdashoot

Forum Supporter
What kind of tires do you guys run? Or are good out in the desert? I've recently purchased some hankook dynapro mt, that's what I'm running now. Had some regular street tires that didn't work to well in mud or dirt.
You would be just fine with those. Most of us run an E rated MT but we do have a couple guys that run A/T's.

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I was looking at those jumping jack trailers. Wasn't sure if they were worth the money.

I am on the fence about those. They fill multiple areas but not sure I "want" one. I have been debating making a trailer for my quad and having a RTT above it as an option. But then again since that registration law for quads I haven't ridden mine lol. To me it is just one more pain in the ass hurdle. So I just drive my jeep and there haven't been too many places I can't get to in it.

For anyone looking for an adventure this weekend check out Tierra del sol 2015 in borrego CA. We will have a good size group there and always welcome people to join. Shoot me a PM if you can make it out