Poena238

Peanut Butter
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I am going to take a look into that brother. Sounds like a pretty good gig and something I would be interested in.
21 years ago, I was accepted into the IBEW apprenticeship but turned it down because it was a couple dollars per hour less than what I was making in my current trade. They told me I was making a mistake.

I made a mistake. If you get accepted into an electrical apprenticeship program, jump on it.

tdyoung58

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 97.6%
44   1   0

CORefugee

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
21 years ago, I was accepted into the IBEW apprenticeship but turned it down because it was a couple dollars per hour less than what I was making in my current trade. They told me I was making a mistake.

I made a mistake. If you get accepted into an electrical apprenticeship program, jump on it.
I left my grad school, had a new baby, and I was broke because of all of the bills because we decided that she would remain at home full time.

I was selling water beds.

Even at that, my starting wages as a First Year Inside Wireman Apprentice were less than I was making at the time. Scary times, but each year I progressed through the Apprenticeship program, there came automatic wage increases. We had really crappy cars and we ate an awful lot of beans. The carrot of increasing wage rates kept me going. At the time, in my Local's jurisdiction in Denver, once I made Journeyman rate, there was a 20% increase from 80% of Journeymen's rate to 100%. I felt like I was in TALL cotton.

As a Journeyman "Inside Wireman," you are qualified to do Residential, Commercial, and Industrial work anywhere in the country.

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 97.6%
44   1   0
If Vegas is like Reno/Sparks .... Ain't nobody wants to work. Plenty of jobs.

Guessing all the free ? being given away keeps them from wanting to work

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Subcontractor looking for plumbers with experience for long-term work on base (prevailing wage). Must have tools, reliable transportation and clean background to acquire base access privileges.

BadDogPSD

Got Ammo?
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Just left CCSD as a site based tech in december. Have ten years of IT end user support. Looking to get out of IT and do something where I can move around/ be outside. Willing to do labor. Mechanically inclined. Dont do drugs or drink. Any leads out there?

I own the Garage Force franchise for Reno/Sparks and am looking to hire a part-time installer. Garage Force is a leader in the concrete coatings industry.
Willing to train the right person, and there is potential for full-time as the business continues to grow. There is also opportunity to advance from installer to crew leader.
Please PM if interested.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Got an email from FPC (firearms policy coalition) this afternoon. Posting it here as it is applicable:

Have you been looking for an opportunity to help create a world of maximal human liberty? Well, here’s your chance - FPC is HIRING now in the Las Vegas area.

We’re looking for a Support and Fulfillment Manager that will serve our members and donors, the public, and our team through empathetic, positive, and resolution-focused email and phone support, fulfillment of memberships and physical goods, vendor coordination, quality control, inventory, and other work.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:

• Must be authorized to work in the United States
  • Must have at least 2 years of experience in an an outward (public)-focused administrative, service, or support role
  • Must be able to read, write, analyze and speak fluent English
  • Must be an EXCELLENT communicator
  • Must have a GREAT attitude and stay cheerful even when things are challenging
  • Must be highly proficient in computers, business software and spreadsheets, CRMs, email, phones, and other systems
  • Must care about the details (we are relentless about them)
  • Must have a strong work ethic and personal integrity
  • Must have an attitude that fits our culture
  • Must have the ability to legally acquire and possess firearms, including handguns, and must be comfortable and safe around firearms and shooting ranges (or be willing to learn firearms safety and range etiquette)
PREFERRED:

• Past experience in advocacy and activism
  • A strong sense of humor
  • Experience with remote work with a widely distributed team and co-workers in multiple time zones
  • Experience with Slack and/or similar team communication tools
This is a special role for a special person. A successful candidate will not only be superbly qualified, but must passionately support FPC’s Purpose, Values, and Mission.

Before applying, please review all of our requirements, qualifications, and essential duties and responsibilities linked here.

We have high expectations—so candidates should make their best pitch. Submit your resume, a cover letter explaining why we should hire you, your salary requirements, 3 (each) professional and personal references, and at least 3 writing samples that demonstrate your best, most effective support strategies and writing.

APPLY NOW

If this role isn't the one for you, we would greatly appreciate it if you shared this message with others in the area who might be a great fit.

Thanks for your attention. We look forward to the interviews.

Stay free,

Firearms Policy Coalition

STV_Keith

Obsessed Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Customer Service Position taking applications...

Dynojet Research in North Las Vegas, NV has an immediate opening for a experienced Customer Sales and Support Representative. In this position you will engage directly with customers who contact us via phone or email on a variety of topics ranging from helping them shop for their vehicle, to finding that perfect tune, or problem-solving.

EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS

· Research and problem-solve to determine appropriate solutions for the customer and follow-up as needed to resolve issues.
· Operate with understanding, active listening, patience, empathy, and kindness to provide exceptional customer service to everyone.
· Using Magento software platform, monitor orders to make sure they are merging into Syspro and creating a sales order.
· Check on orders and manually invoice if they have been completed in Syspro using the ShipStation tracking number.
· Communicate and update customers who have items on backorder.
· Monitor “On-Hold” status’s and move them to processing or cancel the order.
· Answer product questions in the marketing que.
· Assist retail/dealer customers with account login issues and/or update accounts as needed.
· Resolve web order issues.
· Using Zendesk and the phone que, handle retail sales and customer service questions and stay on top of phone calls and tickets until issues are resolved.
· Place retail orders and dealer orders from customers calling in to place orders.
· Provide backup support for dealer sales call que and place orders for dealers.
· Assist accounting department with billing issues as necessary.
· Place promotional purchase orders for the marketing team.
· Send PayPal invoices for sales orders as necessary.
· Provide customer addresses for shipping department.
· Constant communication with Sales Team, Support Team and Production Teams

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

· Proven Customer Service Experience
· Experience using Magento, Zendesk and Syspro
· Strong experience using Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Highly motivated, self-managed, creative thinking and organized
· Must be a critical thinker and strong problem solver

KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:

· Inbound and outbound phone sales
· Exceptional customer service, telephone and listening skills
· Strong communication skills
· Work well independently as well as part of a team
· Outgoing, extrovert personality with proven ability to work with all types of personalities

Don't miss this opportunity to work for a premier employer in the North Las Vegas area. Work schedule is Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No nights and no weekends. We also offer a GREAT benefits package which includes health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits, 40k with company match, paid holidays, paid PTO time, health savings account, etc.

Send us your cover letter and resume today. We'll look forward to hearing from you!

Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
Benefits:
  • 401(k)
  • 401(k) matching
  • Dental insurance
  • Employee assistance program
  • Flexible spending account
  • Health insurance
  • Health savings account
  • Life insurance
  • Paid time off
  • Vision insurance
Schedule:
  • 8 hour shift
  • Day shift
  • Monday to Friday
Send resume to dianne@dynojet.com.

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 97.6%
44   1   0
We still have 3-4 positions here in Sparks, Washoe County open, no nights or weekends.

Marshal

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Ok cool. I appreciate the heads up then. Hopefully something around this town comes up soon.
Don’t know what the pay is as we are not strip wages but I really do enjoy working for our owner and GM. Two great guys. The Slot director is pretty great guy as well. Good luck.